More About This Development
Situated in the picturesque village of Kirkwhelpington and surrounded by open countryside, Gilbert Grange offers an exclusive range of 17 homes.
The peaceful setting offers homeowners a chance to live an enviable rural lifestyle, whilst remaining well connected to neighbouring towns as well as Newcastle city centre.
The Memorial Hall located on the pretty village green is a hive of activity offering a youth club, toddler group, art club, bowls club and post office.
Socialising is easy with a range of pubs and restaurants close by including the renowned ‘Badger’ in Ponteland. You can make the most of the idyllic countryside with a host of outdoor pursuits on your doorstep. Northumberland National Park is only 15 minutes’ away by car, with the beautiful Sweethope Loughs less than 10 minutes away.
Ideal for commuters Newcastle city centre is accessibly by car in just over 30 minutes and Newcastle International Airport a 20 minute drive away.
There are a number of schools located close to the development in Kirkwhelpington, all rated as either good or outstanding in their latest OFSTED report.
|Name||Rating||Time from development||Distance from development|
|Cambo County First School||Outstanding||8 mins||4.2 miles|
|Belsay First School||Outstanding||11 mins||8.3 miles|
|West Woodburn First School||Good||15 mins||8.8 miles|
|Stamfordham Primary School||Outstanding||20 mins||12.9 miles|
|Chollerton Church of England Aided First School||Good||20 mins||13 miles|
|Whalton Church of England Aided First School||Outstanding||17 mins||11.6 miles|
|Humshaugh Church of England First School||Good||24 mins||14.8 miles|
|Beaufront County First School||Outstanding||27 mins||18.1 miles|
|Corbridge Middle School||Good||26 mins||17.2 miles|
A selection of Higher Education facilities are easily reached from the development, with Northumbria College located in Ashington and Newcastle College and University located within Newcastle City Centre.
The development is conveniently located, enabling easy access to all major roads across the region.
- Roads A1 accessible in 32 mins
- Newcastle City Centre 32 mins
- Newcastle International Airport 24 mins
- Metrocentre 33 mins
- Kielder Forest 50 mins
- Alnwick 45 mins
- Newcastle City Centre 45 mins
- Newcastle Airport 38 mins
- Metro Centre 1 hour 20 mins
Kirkwhelpington has a range of local amenities and activities on its doorstep including a Post Office, youth club, toddler group, art club and a bowls club which are all located in the Memorial Hall. It is easily accessible to Newcastle city centre and benefits from being surrounded by idyllic countryside.
Sport & Recreation
- 8 minute drive Sweethope Loughs
- 8 minute drive Wallington National Trust
- 14 minute drive Northumberland National Park
- 26 minute drive Wark Sports Club
- 50 minute drive Kielder Forest
Eat & Drink
- 12 minute drive William De Percy Inn, Otterburn/Le Petit Château
- 14 minute drive Tomahawk Steakhouse, Ponteland
- 16 minute drive The Coach House, Otterburn
- 21 minute drive Carriages Tea Room, Bellingham
- 21 minute drive The Badger, Ponteland
Shopping and Retail
- 18 minute drive Sainsbury’s, Ponteland
- 26 minute drive Morrison’s, Morpeth
- 27 minute drive Waitrose, Hexham
- 31 minute drive Newcastle Eldon Square